Nội dung có thể thu gọn
This policy covers customer information we collect in Canada at:
What is Our Pledge of Accountability?
What type of Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information about you to deliver the products and services you request, to promote products and services that we believe you will be interested in, and to help improve your shopping experience. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection.
Information You Give Us
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with KDTrading, both in stores and online. Some examples are when you:
– Create an account on one of our websites;
– Apply for employment with us;
– Apply for credit with us or one of our financial services partners;
– Register for, view or participate in an online webcast event provided on behalf of KDTrading;
– Make an online or in-store purchase from us;
– Upload or import digital image files to our in-store or online photo services;
– Use a gift registry;
– Conduct a transaction where we collect information, including when required by law (such as hunting and fishing licenses);
– Request customer service or contact us;
– Submit a KDTrading related story, testimonial, rating or review, or other usergenerated content that may be posted on the site;
– Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey;
– Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication. Personal information is information that identifies, or could be reasonably associated with you. The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit and debit card information (including credit card expiration date and CVV code), as well as information about the specific products and services that you purchase in our retail stores and from us online (including through our mobile app). When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients. For certain transactions, we may be required to collect information to comply with legal requirements, or may collect information for the purposes of detecting, preventing and suppressing fraud.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources as well. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent, detect or suppress fraud. In addition, we may collect information from consumer reporting agencies or other service providers if you obtain certain financial products. With your authorization, we may also collect information from your social media accounts, such as digital image files imported to the KDTrading website.
Video Surveillance Systems
In order to keep KDTrading facilities operating in a safe and secure manner, we use closed circuit television and digital recorders in our stores.
Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our websites, mobile apps, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the websites and mobile apps to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website and mobile app, and to support website and mobile analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
– We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, device identifier (or UDID), type of device, your computer’s operating system and browser type, your internet protocol (IP) address, the date and time you accessed our service, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages. If you make a purchase online, we may also use and share this information for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud.
– We use both persistent and session “cookies” on our website to recognize you as you use or return to our sites. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that your browser may store when you view a web page or certain types of content-rich e-mails. Persistent cookies help us remember your information and settings for future visits to our website (such as your language preferences). Session cookies help us remember your information and settings during your current visit to our website (such as the items in your shopping cart) and will expire after you close your browser. To learn how to turn off cookies, see Your Choices section below.
– We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective. When you use our mobile app, we may also obtain your permission to collect additional personal information through the permissions process at the time you install the app. You can change your permissions at any time by following the instructions under Your Choices below.
For information regarding our online interest-based advertising practices, see “About our Ads”
When you install our mobile app, we may request your consent to collect location information. If you opt-in to location-based services, we may collect your location based on GPS data, unique identifier (UDID) or cell tower information. We use this information to provide you with relevant content and product availability information. To turn off locationbased services, see Your Choices section below. Note that if you do not opt-in to or disable location-based services, you may not be able to use certain features on the app
We may offer you the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. When you engage with our content this way, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account, (e.g. name, username, e-mail address, photos) in accordance with your social media privacy settings to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application. We may use this information to confirm your identity and to personalize your experience on our website or mobile app and on the third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications.
How Do We Use Your Information?
KDTrading uses your information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment and delivery, internal business processes, marketing (including relevant advertising), authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
– To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
– To register and service your account;
– To administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions;
– To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls;
– To help us improve and customize our service offerings, websites, and advertising;
– To send you information about our products, services, and promotions;
– To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business. To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and other information we collect online or through our mobile app with offline information, including information from third parties. We may transfer or disclose your information within our corporate family of companies for these purposes.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information Outside KDTrading.ca?
We disclose your personal information with your prior consent or under the following limited circumstances.
We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to service providers that help with our business operations and the business operations of our corporate family of companies. Examples are webcast hosting providers, shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, vendors who operate our Websites (such as Photo Centre), photo printing and fulfillment services, payment card processors, marketing service providers and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our websites. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers or KDTrading and KDTrading affiliates maintain facilities. We require service providers to keep your information secure. In addition, service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf or our affiliates’ behalf or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may disclose your information in other limited circumstances. These include situations when the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of KDTrading, our customers, our associates, or any other person, or where otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. Examples include protecting the health or safety of customers, or addressing crimes committed on KDTrading property. We and our service providers may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include lawful access by Canadian, US or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies), to other organizations in the case of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. If you make a purchase online, we may disclose information to certain third parties, including payment card processors and issuers for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud on KDTrading properties (including our websites) and the properties of other merchants. This information may include your name and contact information, shipping information, information collected from your computer or device such as an IP address or device ID, and information about your purchase. KDTrading may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Canada in connection with any of the foregoing.
From time to time with your consent, we may disclose information with carefully selected companies outside of our corporate family of companies who may offer you products and services of interest. You may opt in to this sharing under the “Your Choices” section below.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of KDTrading or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
What are your choices?
Data Collection, Use, or Disclosure
KDTrading collects, uses, or discloses your personal information consistent with this policy.The method of obtaining consent is appropriate for the type of personal information being collected, used, or disclosed
We want to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples are newsletters, special offers, relevant promotion of products and services that we believe you will be interested in, and new product announcements. When you make a purchase from KDTrading.ca or sign up to receive promotional and other e-mails from us, certain information is collected as described in “Information You Give Us”. We may use your contact information such as e-mail to provide you with promotional communications. You may choose to stop receiving these communications at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of all promotional messages you receive from us, or by contacting us using the contact information listed below. You can provide us with your marketing preferences, or change your marketing preferences, by contacting our Customer Service team. If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt out of mail, include your mailing address. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email and 4-6 weeks for other requests. Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order, such as regarding order status, shipment, or refunds.
Online Advertising, Mobile Apps and Cookies
How Do You Access and Update Your Personal Information?
KDTrading takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
If you have created an account at one of our websites, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information and payment information, as well as contact information for recipients you have designated (if applicable).
Contact us at the email or postal address listed in the “Contact Us” section at the bottom of this policy. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals and subject to reasonable limitations provided by law and internal procedures. Otherwise we will describe the types of information we typically collect. We will provide access and make changes you request, or will provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take with regard to the request.
If you need help accessing your information related to a service provided by a third party, we will assist you by referring you to the third party. Please contact us via the “Contact Us” section below.
How Do We Secure Your Information?
Securing your information is a company priority. Whether you are shopping online, or in our stores, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential. We also use a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). If your browser is capable of SSL (and most are), your account information will be protected during transport across the internet. When you enter a secure portion of a website, which is any page containing any of your account information, an image of a closed lock or solid key should appear in the bottom bar of your browser window. If you click on this image, a small pop-up window displaying website security information will appear. This display indicates that your personal information is transmitted in encrypted form to a KDTrading web server, not to an unauthorized server.
Hard Copy and Electronic Storage Protections
Personal information that is maintained in our offices or stores is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls as well. Hard copies of sensitive personal information are maintained in locked locations or cabinets with similar restrictions for electronic storage. When dispose of, the information is shredded, destroyed, erased, or otherwise made unreadable.
What Are Your Privacy Protections for Specific Types of Personal Information?
Pharmacy and Vision Centre
When you use our Pharmacies or Vision Centres, you may provide us with your health information so that we may process your request. We understand the sensitive nature of such information and respect your privacy by keeping it confidential in accordance with laws and our policies. Our privacy policies for personal health information describe how we protect the information and 3how you can access it. The policies are provided to you by the Pharmacy or Vision Centre at the time of first service, and can be requested at any time at your local KDTrading.
Financial Products and Services
When you obtain financial products and services from us, we may collect and use certain financial-related information. We understand the sensitive nature of this information as well and protect it in accordance with laws and our policies. Financial products and services include money orders, money transfers, credit card offerings, bill payment and cheque cashing. We protect payment card information we collect during transactions. We comply with industry standards that require safeguards for handling and securing customer information. These include using secure networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data, physical and technical access controls, monitors and tests of security systems, and information security policies.
How Does KDTrading Protect the Privacy of Children Online?
We are committed to protecting children’s online privacy. Our website is a general audience website not geared towards children. In order to protect the privacy of children, KDTrading websites do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent. Please contact us via theContact Us section of this policy if you believe we may have collected information from your child and we will work to delete it.
Contact Customer Service – for store experience, marketing preferences, product questions and general feedback/questions.
How Will I Know if this Policy Changes?